[wp-hackers] Wordpress Android App

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Tue Jan 19 09:11:34 UTC 2010

2010/1/19 Leif Andersen <leif.a.andersen at gmail.com>

> Hello, my name is Leif and I am a student at the University of Utah.  I am
> interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code program if they
> have it this year.  I would like to create the Wordpress Android App.  I am
> aware of Wptogo, however after seeing a few reviews of it, I believe that
> it
> could be much better.  My main question is, assuming that Google will have
> GSoC 2010, and that Wordpress is participating, is the wordpress developer
> community interested at all in having an Android App, or would the idea go
> into deaf ears?
>
> I asked this in the #wordpress and #wordpress-dev channels on IRC, and they
> pointed me to hear.  Also, whether or not Google has the GSoC program this
> year, and whether or not I get accepted, I will work on said app (assuming
> that there is any demand for it whatsoever, including myself), it's mainly
> matter of how much time I will be able to spend on it.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ~Leif Andersen

Hi Leif,

Speaking only for myself, I would welcome a WordPress Android App.

I even considered doing it myself. Though I was thinking of porting the
official WordPress iPhone app. As open source and aimed at a similar
platform (in terms of functionality), it seemed like a good place to start.

However lack of time and my reluctance to revive my not-touched-for-a-year
Java skills have kept me from doing anything about it.

I hope you do get to do the app, whether as GSoC or not.  Good luck.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/