[wp-hackers] Trash for links too?

Simon Blackbourn piemanek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 21:56:55 UTC 2010

I was retraining one of my customers recently after upgrading them to
WordPress 2.9, and had confidently told them that they need not worry as
nothing is deleted any more, it all goes to the 'trash' now so you can
retrieve it if you need to.

This prompted a brief but entertaining conversational detour into the
Americanisation of British English, followed swiftly by them deleting a link
and asking me how to get it out of the 'bin'.

Cue embarrassed mutterings and red faces all round as I realised that links
are the exception to the rule.

So I'm just wondering if there's a plan to extend the trash functionality to
links, so they are consistent with everything else?

Cheers
Simon