[wp-hackers] How to export the wordpress posts using XMLRPC?

Nikhil mnikhil at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:09:28 UTC 2010

Well, the part of the problem is that I have lots of posts on my
website and somehow this method is not working in the sense that wxr
file is getting downloaded but with 0 bytes... without any wxr content
in the downloaded file. I am not sure what could perhaps be the
problem here on my wordpress installation... not even sure either
where to look for clues/error messages on why is the downloaded wxr
file is with 0 bytes.
That is the reason, it prompted me to think if it is to do with many
posts (more than 1000) and if at all I can do away with any timeouts
increase anywhere and if possible I can write a script which generates
the wxr on the hosted site itself rather than the timeout between my
webclient(browser) and the hosting service.

Thanks,
Nikhil