[wp-hackers] $_GET['user_id'] isn't working in 2.9 in profile_update hook

Olivier autremonde75 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 18:07:55 UTC 2010

Hello,

If you add custom fields to the profile edition page, you will need
the user_id once you save it. This used to be achieved through
profile_update hook.

On 2.8, I can get the user_id value from $_GET['user_id'] through this
hook however in 2.9, it doesn't work anymore. I can however user $_POST
['user_id'] as a workaround but I just wanted to bring that fact here
since some plugins authors may suffer from this issue... Not sure if
this is really an issue indeed, maybe this was intentionnaly
restricted...