[wp-hackers] Downloading with media_sideload_image

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu Feb 18 04:41:02 UTC 2010

Since you know the post ID, you can fetch that post's attachments, ordered
by post_date descending, and grab the attachment ID that way. Example:

$upload = media_sideload_image( $url, $post_id );
if ( is_wp_error( $upload ) )
die( 'Nope' );
$attachments = get_posts( array(
'post_type' => 'attachment',