[wp-hackers] Some Thoughts/Enhancement Ideas In And AroundTheCategory Side Of Things

Mark McWilliams admin at wpkid.com
Wed Feb 17 15:18:17 UTC 2010

Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:26 AM Michael Pretty Wrote:
> That said, I do think something could be thought of to improve the issue
> with site.com/category/ throwing a 404 by default.  Personally, I've
> always setup a page a /category/ that used a custom template that listed
> the categories to fill this spot.  No reason something can't be added to
> core to do the same.  Themes would have to support it though.

Well that's it, the discussion is in full swing, you'd think something could
be looked into, having to create a page is just extra work for no reason,
I'm surprised WP doesn't think /category/blog/ is actually a sub-page of
/category/ but lets not go there!

Exactly, no reason can't be done/added! And yeah, themes would most likely
have to support it, but it's going to ultimately enhance their theme at the
same time so why wouldn't they?