[wp-hackers] Script Install of WordPress Lastest

Ken Newman Ken at adcSTUDIO.com
Tue Feb 16 16:31:11 UTC 2010

Thanks, Yeah, that's basically what I was trying, but it turns out that
the problem I was having was the unzip function.

I did what you said (didn't work here, but worked fine on another
version) and then I tried unzipping locally and uploaded (still didn't
work). A new function was added that borked the update on my particular
server/php version. So it's not the script that's broken, just the very
early software ;-) I have faith that it'll be straightened out by
release. http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12230

By the way, I was using php exec() to do command lines, as I run in a
cloud environment (I'd have to get on LiveChat and have someone do the
command line I believe, and I'm trying to avoid doing that to often). I
don't know how to use svn, but I guess I'll have to suffer thru some
more "new learning"