[wp-hackers] Some Thoughts/Enhancement Ideas In AndAround TheCategory Side Of Things

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Feb 15 13:52:06 UTC 2010

On Feb 15, 2010, at 12:32 AM, Hikari wrote:

> What I mean is that we shouldn't have to justify ourselves about why we wanna do something different from Wordpress's default.

> And since cat base is just a fix to a performance problem, that problem should be removed so that the fix is not needed anymore.

Feel free to submit a patch that "just removes the problem so that the fix is not needed anymore".  Oh, and doesn't break anything on existing installs.

It's great to talk about what you want, but somebody somewhere has to code it.  Thus the debates about how important it is, so that somebody somewhere decides its worth actually doing.

And more times than not, if it can be done with a plugin, it's left to plugin authors.

Stephen