[wp-hackers] Some Thoughts/Enhancement Ideas In AndAround TheCategory Side Of Things

mark waterous mark at watero.us
Mon Feb 15 07:47:33 UTC 2010

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. The core developers
have a lot of existing systems to maintain, a huge trac to deal with and
probably a mile long list of features that they would like to implement.
They're talented coders, but they aren't robots - they can't just implement
every request simply because it was requested. Justification is necessary to
determine a variety of factors such as how many people is this going to
benefit? How is it going to interact with current systems? Is it just going
to bloat core when a plugin could handle it? So on and so forth.

--
Mark Waterous
http://mark.watero.us/