[wp-hackers] Some Thoughts/Enhancement Ideas In AndAroundTheCategory Side Of Things

Mark McWilliams admin at wpkid.com
Sun Feb 14 17:31:49 UTC 2010

Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:30 AM Dion Hulse (dd32) Wrote:
> It looks pretty simple from the top, But once you get into it, Its a bit
> more complex than that. WordPress is dynamic, All URL's are
> dynamically generated, they're not stored anywhere.

Well I did think it'd be more complex, but you never know, maybe it's just
the code looked like another language to me, and in fact it'd be something
as simple as I posted, damn shame it not...! ;) And yes, I know WP is
dynamic, maybe WP should store real files, that'd solve the problem out for
sure! =)

> How do you differentiate between 'Contact', 'Contact' and 'Contact'? That
> is, Post, Page, Taxonomy Term.

Yes, OK, it's a good question, I *myself* don't know!

But if I was to create a post, page and custom taxonomy term all with
'contact' then I'm not sure? At the end of the day, a page is more
appropriate, I think it all comes down to common sense here. Couldn't WP do
what it does with post permalinks, if a duplicate is created, add on the -2,
although as I said the common sense side of things should keep you just with
page.

> What a computer cannot do, or at least, not shared hosts, is given
> thousands of objects, and you ask for 'hello-world' locate it quickly,
> Telling it its a post|page|category narrows it down significantly, Give it
> a date, and it'll have it even quicker.

Giving it something like a date, will speed up the process yes.