[wp-hackers] Recommendations for trac patches?

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 22:03:31 UTC 2010

On 3 Feb 2010, at 17:05, Chris Jean wrote:

> I've submitted a number of core patches in the past. Most of them
> receive little to no attention for quite a while. Case in point, I
> found a bug in some default filter values for attachment icons (http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11981
> ). I supplied a patch 12 days ago, and from what I can see, no one
> on the core team has cared to look at it.
>
> While I know that everyone is very busy with their own work, I
> wonder if there is anything I could do to better expedite getting
> these fixes applied to trunk. Suggestions?

FYI The things that get my attention quickest are:

1) Patches mentioned when I'm in IRC - This is a short cut but you
still need to do (3)
2) Patches marked up with relevant keywords in priority order - commit
 > tested > has-patch
3) Patches which have clear information in the ticket about: The bug,
The fix, The test cases
4) Patches on tickets to which I am CC'd - These end up in a separate
mail folder from the mail wp-trac mail deluge!

In general when I have the free time I start from here - https://core.trac.wordpress.org/report/6

I hope that helps

Cheers
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5