[wp-hackers] Please Help: How to compare 2 float values in meta_value column?

Adriaan Pelzer adriaan.pelzer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:58:50 UTC 2010

I see - I'm not even sure how you're going to do both comparisons (floor &
ceiling values) using the query_posts parameters.

What I normally do:

I do a broader query, without paging, for instance:
query_posts("category_name=$forwho&meta_value=$brand&posts_per_page=-1);

Then, in the loop, I do all the tests I need to do, and decide there if I
display the post or not.

To introduce paging, I then pass a $_GET variable around:

So, above becomes:
query_posts("category_name=$forwho&meta_value=$brand&posts_per_page=$posts_per_page&offset=$_GET['post_offset']);

Then, to link to fwd and backward pages, I generate the following links:
$page_url."?post_offset=".($_GET['post_offset']+$posts_per_page)
$page_url."?post_offset=".($_GET['post_offset']-$posts_per_page)

I display fwdlink only if the offset is smaller than the total number of
posts, and I display backlink only if its offset is greater or equal to 0.

Sorry - I know this is a bit of a tangent, but being more familiar with php
than with wordpress' functions, I tend to do things in a more "raw" way. I
hope it's useful at all.

Adriaan Pelzer
PIT Productions
+2712 651 2432