[wp-hackers] thorough admin SSL

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 02:09:44 UTC 2010

> Just let them know that some plugins were not built with SSL in mind, and
> let them know it will be X additional cost to patch those plugins. Then give
> those patches back to the plugin author and try to get them released so that
> you don't have to worry about it when the plugin upgrades.
>
> That's what we call a win-win-win. ;)

This is the track I'm on, seems obvious.

But:

1) I didn't especially want to do some tedious work and charge my
client for it when it was possible that the issue had already been
addressed by someone at a higher level in the code than plugin hacks

2) Someone posted a fix for this in the Use Google Libraries plugin
(for one) 6 months ago on wp.org, and it's still not included in the
latest UGL release.

I'm taking responses so far as confirmation that this issue is wide
open in terms of being resolved in the WP core.... ? I'm still finding
my way around Trac, but this seems to be the badger:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3637

There's a link to a plugin there claiming to address the issue, but
the SSL for the link is invalid. Ah, a nice dose of irony to finish
the night on :)