[wp-hackers] WordPress 3.0.4 - Critical Security Release

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Fri Dec 31 05:51:05 UTC 2010

On 12/30/2010 6:26 PM, Andrew Nacin wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Milan Dinić<liste at srpski.biz>  wrote:
>> You should decide how you will include Aksimet in core. Latest version of
>> Akismet is 2.5.1 while WP 3.0.4 contains version 2.4 so those who regularly
>> update plugins reverted their versions and needed to update again.
> We know.
but thank you for the bug catch and good suggestion.  There's a ticket
logged for the issue is and its being addressed. As I understand it,
3.0.x was tied to a specific version of Akismet - specifically in an
attempt to decide how Akismet was being included in the core. It is
having some unforeseen results. The core contributors will likely use a
different method in the 3.1 release.

Cheers!

--
Brian Layman