[wp-hackers] Licensing and Copyright Issues with the Hello Dolly Plugin

hakre hanskrentel at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 16 00:21:47 UTC 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Mail ----

No. Wordpress itself ships with the Hello Dolly Lyrics. Download the ZIP[1]
search the code and you'll find it.

I think the lyrics are more important here not how something is named: like
plugin or add-on or extension or something else. It's a fragment of code and for
both, the plugin and the main package a mixed work is created. that is to build
a new work out of of multiple copyrightable works: the software package.

The copyright violation applies to both: The plugin package available at [2] and
the wordpress pacakge at [1].

The GPL is terminated in both.

-- hakre

[1] http://wordpress.org/latest.zip