[wp-hackers] Exporting data with post_type='attachment'

David Morris dvmorris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:50:44 UTC 2010

Andrew,

I forgot to mention that because of shortcomings in the 3.0.1 exporter
in regards to custom taxonomies, I am running off trunk for the two
export.php files (with the exception of a recent commit that included
some javascript stuff for the UI when selecting between radio buttons,
and the submit_button() function, which does not exist in 3.0.1).

In trunk, line 50 of wp-admin/includes/export.php grabs only
post_types where can_export=true. Without wanting to change core code,
I managed to create a simple plugin that hooks 'init' with a priority
of 1 and resets can_export to true for post_type='attachment'.

With this plugin in place it seems to be working now for me, but
ultimately, I think it may be a bug in 3.1.

Dave