[wp-hackers] Exporting data with post_type='attachment'

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Tue Dec 14 06:53:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:06 AM, David Morris <dvmorris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I finally found the revision where this change was made:
>
> Trac ticket: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10317
> Diff: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/14441
>
> There is no discussion as to why can_export is defaulted to false for
> attachments. Could this be a bug?

Possibly, but not anymore. I believe the diff should have been applied to
nav menu items, not attachments.

That said, can_export only affected the UI in 3.0. Attachments that have a
post or a page as a parent do work as before. Attachments without a parent
should also be included in the export -- can_export has no effect on the
export file creation.

Jon (duck_) can probably go into more detail on the changes in 3.1, but
you'll want to look at http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15197. A good
amount of this has changed in trunk, to say the least.

Nacin