[wp-hackers] Custom content question

Bill Erickson bill.erickson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 02:05:58 UTC 2010

It really depends how you conceptualize your content. In my mind, a post is
a unit of content, a post type is a type of content, and a taxonomy is a
logical grouping of posts.

A presenter should be a post because it will have a full description (post)
and possibly more information (post meta). A presenter isn't simply a
grouping of posts. An appropriate taxonomy for presentation might be topic.

I really think this is a feature that we should see in core, but until then
I think you should use plugins / custom code rather than hack it with
taxonomies. You should have the ability to link two pieces of content
(posts) without using a taxonomy.

For a full discussion see: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14513

---
Bill Erickson