[wp-hackers] Premium plugin protection

Michael Torbert mrtorbert at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 23:27:27 UTC 2010

That's not at all how that was intended in GPL. You can view PHP code when
you download the software, but obviously this isn't the case for compiled
code written in other languages. That's what the license is referring to. I
write x software for you in Clarion, license it as GPL, distribute it, but
you don't automatically have the source code since it's compiled. However,
if it's GPL, you can ask me for the source code.
This wasn't intended as a way for you to try and limit access to your
source. That completely goes against what the license (and open source in
general) is trying to do.
Stop trying to make open source adapt to you.