[wp-hackers] Hooking into wp-cron settings?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Dec 13 15:30:26 UTC 2010

Is there a hook that would allow one to modify settings in wp-cron.php?

I have an issue with scheduled posts not being published (yes, even in WP
3.#). One recommended fix is to change the wp-cron timeout from 0.01s to 5s.
I'm fine with modifying a core file for testing purposes, but if the change
resolves the problem, I'd prefer to have a more appropriate means of
implementing it.

I know there's the
cron_schedules<http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/hook/cron_schedules>hook,
but that appears only to allow creation of cron jobs, not modification
of the settings in wp-cron itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

p.s. I know about the Missed
Scheduled<http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/missed-schedule/>Plugin;
however, it simply takes over the entire publish_future_post
functionality.