[wp-hackers] ZIP file archive API

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Mon Dec 13 10:09:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Casey Broich <pagex1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's what I was thinking.
>
> I know I can poke around in the code... but would you happen to know
> anymore
> about how wordpress handles the automatic updates, what classes it uses,
> function names, program flow, or example usage perhaps?

You'll want to look at WP_Filesystem. You'll find much of what you need in
wp-admin/includes/file.php, including the WP_Filesystem function,
request_filesystem_credentials(), unzip_file(), and download_url().

You'll also want to look at the WP_Upgrader class (and friends) and the
various WP_Filesystem_* classes. These can be found in wp-admin/includes.

Nacin