[wp-hackers] Switching from SVN

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Sun Dec 12 12:46:21 UTC 2010

On 12 December 2010 05:47, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:

> It's heavily centralized, with
> everyone with the same powers and responsibilities on the same branch of
> code. Mike Little described it best:
>
> "Whilst the development of WordPress is *not* distributed (and it is not)
> and
> whilst the final result of all contributions is hand application of a patch
> by the few core committers, there will never be any need, let alone
> advantage, to switching away from Subversion."

Thanks for the validation.

>  I think Mike's application of "cathedral" and "bazaar" is misplaced, but
> don't let that take away from the key points he's made.

There is a larger number of people involved than I previously knew about
(thanks for that too) -- I guess my simplified division between cathedral
and bazarr (few versus many) is  due for an update. I should go read the
essay again -- it's many. many years since the last time.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/