[wp-hackers] Premium plugin protection

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sun Dec 12 08:10:01 UTC 2010

On Dec 12, 2010, at 3:06 AM, Michael Torbert wrote:
> There are plenty more than 4 commercial plugins vendors.

Can you please name some of the other commercial plugin vendors?  I would love to know who they are.

> This isn't my opinion. Plugins that serve no purpose other than
> needlessly as a wrapper for a premium service aren't allowed in the
> directory, and if reported, they'll be removed.

Can you point to where that is written on the WordPress site?  I have never seen that as a written statement. I'm not saying it's not there just that I haven't seen it and would like to.

I'm not trying to be adversarial here, I honestly want to know, and to see things improved.

-Mike