[wp-hackers] Premium plugin protection

Andy Charrington-Wilden andycharrington at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 01:13:11 UTC 2010

I see what you mean. Absolutely.

Just so you know, my intention here is not solely about profit. Although I need to make a living I am also very keen to do the 'right thing'. And that means not only by the user but also by people exactly like you! It would suck to make a lot of money but be frowned upon by the community.

 You're right that the focus should be on a kickass plugin and not how to keep people out of it. As you say, locks are there to be picked!

So it seems like the consensus so far is that charging for a service or invested development (premium themes etc) is ok but obfuscating or preventing access to code (or similar preventative measures) really goes against the 'ethos' of wordpress. Would you agree?

Sent from my iPhone