[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types and Media Attachments

Malte Witt m.witt at ia-sh.de
Fri Dec 10 17:00:45 UTC 2010

I'm using the "Custom Field Plugin" to achieve the same thing (WYSIWYG
Editor on custom fields) for customers where the design needs seperate
"editing frames" on one page. This plugin works fine with the media
library and allows to insert uploaded images directly into the custom
meta field using the "insert to post" button.

Maybe you can take use of that, or reverse engineer this functionality.

Hope this helps.
Greetings from Germany,
Malte