[wp-hackers] Switching from SVN

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Fri Dec 10 16:08:50 UTC 2010

> But you could have done that in subversion (or CVS before that).

No, I couldn't.

Since the WordPress SVN repository lives on the WordPress servers and I
don't have commit access there, I can't branch the repository and commit my
changes to that branch.  If I'm using a *local* SVN repository on my own
network I can, but then I've manually recreated a Git/Mercurial workflow by
trying to bridge between two repositories.  Why reinvent the wheel when
other tools have automated that process?