[wp-hackers] Switching from SVN

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Fri Dec 10 00:29:58 UTC 2010

Some of the smartest developers I know locally are huge fans of Git, though I have yet to use it.  I have all kind of issues with Subversion though so I can easily assume that given my issues with SVN and so many other smart people advocating for Git that it must be a better way.

That said, I've heard about Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and maybe one other on this thread.  So the question I think might be not "Should we switch from SVN" but instead "Which solution should we TO?"  If others feel it's appropriate for the list I'd really love to hear discussions about the pros and cons of the various alternatives especially as it relates to WordPress core and to plugins.

-Mike