[wp-hackers] Customize Wordpress Emails

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Thu Dec 9 14:53:25 UTC 2010

Ryan,

This will hopefully get you started. For the Password reset email look into the wp-login.php file in your install root. Around line 204-205 you wil see two filter called

	$title = apply_filters('retrieve_password_title', $title);
	$message = apply_filters('retrieve_password_message', $message, $key);

These allow you to alter the title/subject and the actual message.

I know there are other emails sent out from the WP system based on different user actions. Again, this should get you started in a direction.

P-