[wp-hackers] Switching from SVN

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 14:52:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:41 AM, scribu <mail at scribu.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *cough* Mercurial? *cough* *cough*
>>

> Yeah, I like mercurial too, but does it have an open web interface? I know
> about bitbucket.org.

hgweb.cgi and hgwebdir.cgi are a part of the core Hg distribution.
There's an extensive plugin that allows a swap-out of SVN for Hg in
Trac. Atlassian (who just bought Bitbucket) have Hg support in JIRA.
I've not looked at other options for a bit, but I've liked my
interactions with Hg much better than git. The Hg devs seem to have a
mindset that's more in line with the way SVN works, at least from a UI
perspective.

--
-Doug
@zamoose