[wp-hackers] WordPress 3.0.3

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Dec 8 21:10:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Blue Chives <info at bluechives.com> wrote:

> It was the process that I was referring to so that what caused 2 security
> updates in such close succession could be properly explained.  The main
> questions I get from newer tech savvy users are:

I addressed these indirectly, but here are direct answers.

> did the first update brake things (also read 'not properly tested so we'll
> wait')?

No. While they might have sounded similar, the fixes in 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 were
completely different and wholly unrelated.

> Was the first only a partial release and have we more coming (ie we'll wait
> for the last of these)?

No. The issues fixed in 3.0.3 was not reported before 3.0.2 was released.
There are no outstanding vulnerabilities that we are sitting on. Those would
have been released with 3.0.3.

We don't like the double-release any more than you do.