[wp-hackers] categories: infinite recursion

Raphaël raphael.droz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 11:46:39 UTC 2010

Hi,
I searched Trac but, surprisingly I can not find any trace of a report
there but I'm hundred-percent sure it has been reported before:

- Create category A.
- Create category B, subcategory of A
- Set B as parent of A.

get_category() calls _get_children() which recurse infinitely.
It is obvious but the GUI should not allow this kind of things.
(or, maybe better, _get_children() should be given a static stack
storing ID and ignoring those already in it)

Does a human-search-engine can point me to the place it has been
discussed ?

Raph