[wp-hackers] deprecated function get_blog_lis(), but no alternative?

Bjorn Wijers burobjorn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 08:36:31 UTC 2010

Thanks Bill,

I've read the link you sent, yet I cannot find anything else than vague
statements on the get_blog_list function going 'suicidal' and some loose
statements about using transients (which I didn't know of, so learned
something here :)).

I'm going to implement my own function to retrieve a list of blog ids
with use of transients to make it easy on the resources. However I would
be very much interested in some benchmarks if somebody has them on when
and why the get_blog_list() is becoming a problem.

met vriendelijke groet,
Bjorn Wijers

* b u r o b j o r n .nl *
digitaal vakmanschap | digital craftsmanship

Werkdagen:
Van maandag t/m donderdag vanaf 10:00
Vrijdag is voor experimenteren en eigen projecten.

Concordiastraat 68-126
3551 EM Utrecht
The Netherlands

tel: +31 6 49 74 78 70