[wp-hackers] Code reviews for plugins?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Aug 23 17:44:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
> wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Chip Bennett wrote:
> > This idea *has* to be an improvement over the current "Works/Broken"
> > anonymous voting system. Though, I believe Otto is working on some
> > improvements with the "Works/Broken" system, so maybe it's best to see
> > what's in the pipeline for Plugin repository improvements as part of
> 3.org?
>
> Finding a list of best practices is orthogonal to improving said system.
>  And getting the best practices is the first step so no need to wait.

That comment was in response - and directly related - to Jeff's idea
regarding revising the plugin "Works/Broken" system (or adding an
Amazon-style rating/commenting system) on Extend. I don't see it as
conflicting with the suggestion to develop a set of best-practices
guidelines. I suggested to wait on coming up with ideas to change/replace
the "Works/Broken"  tool on Extend, *not* to wait on creating best-practices
guidelines or to wait on implementing some form of peer review.

In fact, I'll jump right in line, as soon as such peer-review is available.
So, the sooner it happens, the better!

Chip