[wp-hackers] custom_post_type and custom taxonomy naming

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sun Aug 22 18:40:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> I'll ask Andrew Nacin at WordCamp tomorrow. :)
>
> On Aug 22, 2010, at 3:06 AM, Lox wrote:
> > I just wonder why the 2010 theme's page template doesn't make use of
> > get_template_part ... It will be easy to hook into it with our plugins as
> it
> > has a filter on it...

I'm not sure why it should. We introduced get_template_part() in order to
DRY up code. single.php has its own code that isn't used elsewhere; same
with page.php.

If you want to override page.php, you can do so, on a number of different
hooks or via a child theme. get_template_part() was not designed for plugin
overrides as much as child theme overrides.