[wp-hackers] custom_post_type and custom taxonomy naming

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 18:37:21 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2010, at 12:37 PM, scribu wrote:
> > Having both a 'product' post type and a 'product' taxonomy will cause
> more
> > problems than you think. Don't do it!
>
> Can you be more specific?  What problems would someone experience, exactly?

Besides the rewrite ones already mentioned by Angelia, I've also experienced
query related problems in the admin side. These could potentially be avoided
if you set a different query_var for each, but there might be other, even
more subtle problems that I'm not aware of.

--
http://scribu.net