[wp-hackers] Reacting to options (theme options) in Javascript

ravi ravi-lists at g8o.net
Wed Aug 11 19:02:42 UTC 2010

Howdy all,

I have a preference setting in my theme options. If it is checked on, then some jQuery stuff needs to be activated. The jQuery stuff sits in a .js file in my theme. Thus far, I have been throwing this sort of Javascript code, that has to be executed on the basis of a back-end option, in a separate PHP file with wrapper PHP code that checks for the relevant option(s).

I am wondering if anyone has a cleverer way of achieving the same thing?

Cheers,

	—ravi