[wp-hackers] How to mark a hacked file to skip update checks

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Wed Aug 11 11:57:39 UTC 2010

Well, to be clear on the intent of my blog post. At the time (not sure if this is still the case) WP would report updated needed for all plugins both active and inactive. This for whatever reason bugged my clients and me. So I wrote this to hide the update nag for inactive plugins. This was not for preventing any single plugin from being updated. Though that might be a nice upcoming feature.

P-