[wp-hackers] wp-admin folder and admin-ajax.php

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Mon Aug 9 13:27:49 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any plans or discussions, regarding a
"configuration" option for moving the wp-admin folder? Is it in the
pipeline?

And also, as with above, any plans to move wp-admin/admin-ajax.php to
the wp-includes folder?

Working on hardening a WordPress install for a security conscious
client, I can't IP restrict the wp-admin folder, because admin-ajax.php
is sometimes required by the front-end. Seems a strange idea to me!
(Obviously ways around this, just seems a strange way of doing things -
maybe someone can explain why?).

Can't find a ticket open for either of the above, but maybe I'm being
blind!

Thanks,

Gav