[wp-hackers] Examples of plugins that use the transient

Andrew Gray andrew at graymerica.com
Thu Aug 5 17:36:39 UTC 2010

Chris,

Feel free to email me off this and I can give you my slide deck and code samples if you like.

I did not address memcache, but focused on caching sidebar items with transient API.  My point is Transient helps without memcache by taking a complicated query and turning it into a simple lookup.

You can download my samples here :  http://tinyurl.com/wordcamprdu

Hope this helps,

Andrew