[wp-hackers] Time for a wp_post_relationships table?

Lox lox.dev at knc.nc
Tue Aug 3 18:41:04 UTC 2010

Mike,

I'll point to that plugin that implements a post2post feature (from
trac) : http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/posts-to-posts/

I know it uses a "post meta" approach but you could create such a
plug-in that creates your needed table and functions to use it... Then
any plug-in dev that need that approach can just install your plug-in
and benefit from it.

Otto, mirroring custom posts to taxonomies can be a bad ass, I mean,
creating needs to be handled, as well as modification and deletion. So
the question is: can't wordpress provides helpers for custom post
mirroring to a taxonomy? Like adding a "mirror_taxonomy_id" parameter
to custom post_type....

My two cents.

--
Lox