[wp-hackers] Best practice: custom registration form

Lox lox.dev at knc.nc
Tue Aug 3 06:14:42 UTC 2010

2010/8/3 Brent Shepherd <thenbrent at gmail.com>:
> Checkout two existing plug-ins for examples:
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-my-login/
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ajax-login/
>
> The first creates it's own page while the second uses short codes & widgets.
> Theme my login provides registration functionality on the login page.

Thanks but I do not like "own page" method because I loose track of
the original page where I want the registration form to stand. I do
not like the short-code approach either because it will search for it
in every page whereas it will appear on one page only.

I am planning to use the "the_content" hook but it may be an ugly
approach, because, I need to "include" the registration form and
'the_content" hook needs its value to be returned and not echoed.

Still investigating....

--
Lox
lox.dev at knc.nc