[wp-hackers] Customizing the view of custom taxonomies

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sun Aug 1 10:25:23 UTC 2010

On Aug 1, 2010, at 5:57 AM, Scott Bressler wrote:
> Haven't mocked it up yet - that would probably be a good idea. So basically
> I would not be making any use of the wp_term_relationships table, right?

Not unless there was benefit to maintaining redundant information (there might be, but if not it's easier to not have to synchronize it.)

I try to this of WordPress' features as a toolkit, usually using them as typically used because they fit broad use-cases, but deviating for specialized use-cases. The good news is WordPress provides most of the basic tools you'll ever need. Plugin and core developers just keep building it ever higher.

> So now how do I edit the default taxonomy edit screen to show a drop-down
> instead of (or in addition to) a description?

I'm confused.  Wasn't the drop-down for within a metabox in a post edit screen?

-Mike