[wp-hackers] how to apply a theme only for a page

John Bloch jbloch at olympianetworks.com
Wed Apr 21 13:48:51 UTC 2010

The other option is to create alternate header and footer files (header-alt.php and footer-alt.php) and call them with get_header('alt') and get_footer('alt'). This keeps the theme the same and reduces the size of the themes directory and allows you to use some of the same images (which reduces server load and load time).