[wp-hackers] URL structure for web application with wp

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Sat Apr 17 20:02:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Christian Foster
<christian.foster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> I think you're right - and so what I am doing at the moment is
> creating a taxonomy and a post type for many things and then making
> convoluted links between them (the post type only being necessary to
> store extra information about the terms in the taxonomy). I'm guessing
> that term meta might be included at some point, it would make building
> more complex things out of wordpress easier.

You might look at the pods cms plugin. It has similar functionality to
custom post types, but gives you more control over the url/routing.
You can create a class that extends pods, then define the url path
that will be fed through to your custom class. So something like
'/projects/*', and then you handle the rest with your code however you
like.

--
Hal