[wp-hackers] PHPmailer + Avira = Virus? Conclusion

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Wed Apr 14 18:37:15 UTC 2010

Okay, did my job at least: informed and queried for an response.

So in conclusion: Avira incorrectly flagged phpmailer file contained with WordPress, Joomla, etc.

It caused a bit of grieve at my job and they were about decided to replace WordPress. It would be nice if an informed statement could be released for those companies running WordPress + Avira.

Jacob Santos