[wp-hackers] WordPress File API Stream Wrapper Support: GSoC 2010 Project Proposal

Jon Stacey jon at jonsview.com
Fri Apr 9 04:40:26 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have created a new project proposal for Google Summer of Code this year that I would like to gather some feedback on.

Abstract:
The goal of this project is to improve the file handling capabilities of WordPress by making PHP's stream wrapper functionality a part of the File API. PHP stream wrappers allow virtually any type of resource to be represented as a normal file. Stream wrappers will make the implementation details of file management transparent to developers fostering cross plugin interoperability and increasing the flexibility of WordPress.

Here is a link to the official proposal: http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2010/jonstacey/t127078510605
Here is a link to my WP-powered blog with a better formatted proposal: http://jonsview.com/projects/wordpress-project-proposal-file-api-stream-wrapper-support

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and wisdom!

Jon Stacey