[wp-hackers] GSoC Proposal Word-press Move

M Ajmal Iqbal majmaliqbal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 20:53:22 UTC 2010

*Proposal GSoC*

Project Name : Template Versioning
Mentor’s Name : Aaron Campbell <http://xavisys.com/>
Student Name: Ajmal Iqbal
*odesk link:*
http://www.odesk..com/users/~~334468c6069b351b<http://www.odesk..com/users/%7E%7E334468c6069b351b>
*linkdIn Link:*
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Ajmal/Iqbal/
Overview:

Our main purpose is to provide the solution for themes versioning. This will
be a middle level project.  We are offering solution that will create
repository of each file of theme that will be easily controlled and fulfill
the requirement for this project.
Key features:

Generate themes repositories. Create way to show versioning and then a easy
way to adopt any version file.
Implementation

I will develop script in the way to create the repository folder in each
theme and then create the directory named timestamp in that directory and
save the files that we are changing before going to change… and the session
will be close when person shift from theme editor to other link or the user
did not do anything within 5 min. Then new session generates for new
repository or versioning.  And the log will be saved in db. The repo will be
save in the encrypted form in the system so no one can change them by ftp.

Note: this will also remove the version from option in the same way as
someone delete the file from plugins list then that will shows this plugin
has been deactivated…This will also shows such message….Requried Research

At  the first week I will research the best way to add script in the way to
add this in wordpress core files or to make in the way not to implement
wordpress core files and add this script…..
Schedule/ Roadmap

I have pretty much sure that this project will done in 60-70 days.

·         First week for research

·         2nd  and 3rd week to develop functionalities for
encryption/decryption

·         4th  and 5th week for developing the theme versioning management

·         6th  and 7th week will be for integrating both functionalities and
finishing the script

·         Clean up code, write documentation and submit to Google with final
presentation