[wp-hackers] [GSoC2010]WPmove use of XML-RPC

eric at eamann.com eric at eamann.com
Thu Apr 8 15:33:52 UTC 2010

I'd recommend using the XML-RPC features but breaking the transmission up into
chunks to verify data integrity.  Sending the blog's full content in one
postback would work for small sites (tests) but break for very large sites if
the server times out.  Breaking things up and posting a specific amount of data
each time allows you to limit server timeouts and go back to restore any faulty
data if a problem does crop up.