[wp-hackers] WEIRD! source code block show up on 404...

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Wed Apr 7 21:54:52 UTC 2010

I'd really need to see an example, but speculating wildly the http header
may be messed up.

Temporarily replace your 404 file with something dirt simple

<?php
header("HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found");
?>

and see what that does,

Rereading
http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Error_404_Page

may point out something missing in your template.