[wp-hackers] wp_nav_menu too simplistic?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Apr 6 18:43:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:41 PM, John Bloch <jbloch at olympianetworks.com> wrote:
> Otto,
>
> To answer your question, it's entirely possible to do all that with a
> plugin. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be a LOT of work, though.
>
> John P. Bloch

Actually, no, I don't think it is. I spent the better part of the last
couple hours reading the code and I can't find any way to do it.

The Woo code basically makes a fundamental assumption that a menu item
is a static URL. There's no way to make it call PHP code, there's no
way to make it have a callback, there's basically no way to do
anything except make it a static URL.

Side note, this makes the new menu system exceedingly fragile. If you
change the URL of a Page or change the category name or anything else
along those lines, your menus are now broken.

-Otto